My Blog List

Monday, February 1, 2010

Flower Tutorial Roundup

It seems like there are as many fabric flower tutorials as there are blogs. As cute as some were they just didn't seem like my style, so here are the flower tutorials that I know I will be using in future projects. I love this jersey knit fabric applique. It is made from used shirts (which I seem to have a ton that either have a hole or stain. Thanks kids!) I think this could look cute on new t-shirts, zip ups, or on a quilt. If you love this applique as much as I do then go to the blog Sew Take a Hike, and make your own.
These flowers were used to decorate a table for a wedding and the tutorial was shared on 100 Layer Cake. Although this tutorial was shared on a wedding blog I think the possibilities are endless. They would look sweet in someones hair, as a pin, part of a necklace or bracelet, and I even think it would look sweet in a simple wreath. They are a little more time consuming then the other flowers, but I don't mind time consuming as long as its easy (these are). Just rent the movie North and South (I just watch the BBC version and I loved it), and start sewing.

I also love these frayed rosettes. It actually took me a long time to find a tutorial like this one.
I knew that I wanted to learn how to make these, but couldn't find any examples that I liked. Finally I stumbled unto the blog Sis Boom, and I couldn't be happier. I love them, and think they would be adorable as a brooch with multiple flowers, or on a little girls headband.

Last but not least are these amazing over sized poppies. Hooray for these! I am constantly dressing in solid colors, and I need to start accessorising. I used to accessorize all the time and then I had babies who couldn't leave my stylish extras alone. Now that my girls are older I think I need to bring back the accessories, and I can't think of anything better than these poppies. If you need to start accessorising as much as I do then go to Grossgrain, and check out there easy tutorial.



No comments:

Post a Comment